Here is my X-Mas wish list.
There are Step One - Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/ computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special. if you want to do it too.
What I want for Christmas, by John Tangent (SCAKA Hera Volrad Tammen), Age 35.
Dear Santas* I realize you are busy and all so I will try to make this simple
The wishes are not in order.
1) A Mac G5, Imac, or any other Mac that is more useful than the beige G3 I have presently.
2) A new Palm, if I had the choice of any it would be a Tungsten™ T5, but really any palm of reasonably new vintage would be good.
3) A working Electric Kiln so I can have a studio in the new year.
4) A working Propane Kiln.
5) A set of stainless steel pots and pans from a good company like All Clad or Cuisinart. Or a couple of said items like a small frying pan and a small pot.
6) A Green Lantern Ring with Recharging Battery.
7) DVD burner
8) Chocolate from Lindts or Leonidas chocolate
9) Surpises, good ones